I created this BackType bookmarklet to quickly measure the reach of articles and blog posts in social spaces.
Drag this button BackType Stats to your browser’s bookmarks tool bar. If you are using Explorer, make sure your “Links Toolbar” is showing, then right click on BackType Stats, click “Add to Favorites” and save the link in your “Links” folder.
Now, when you’re viewing any web page, just click on the “BackType Stats” button to see how that page is being shared and discussed on Twitter, Facebook and reddit.
I won’t get into the details of BackType, but it’s a service that shows at least these details about any web page:
- How many times a link to the page has been tweeted
- How many times those links have been clicked
- How many times the link has been shared on Facebook
- How many times the link has been liked on Facebook
- How comments have been posted on the page
- How many times the link has been commented on in Facebook
- How many times the link has been commented on in reddit