Editor & Publisher shared a list of top newspaper web sites in March, ranked by unique audience. Here is the top of that list, along with each site’s main Twitter account, its RTPMF as calculated by Retweetist, and the number of times it has been retweeted:
- NYTimes.com (@nytimes): 1.1 RTPMF, with 761 retweets in the last 7 days
- USATODAY.com (@USATODAY): 5.2 RTPMF, with 47 retweets in the last 7 days
- washingtonpost.com (@washingtonpost): 2.7 RTPMF, with 28 retweets in the last 7 days
- Wall Street Journal Online (@WSJ): 6.9 RTPMF, with 269 retweets in the last 7 days
- LA Times (@latimes): 5 RTPMF, with 81 retweets in the last 7 days
Of course, if a newspaper want to use Twitter to drive traffic to their sites, it would be wise to build a community of individuals who independently share links (to the organization) with each of their followers.
So tell me, who do you retweet frequently and why? What makes a tweet RT-worthy? When (what time of day) are you more likely to RT?